This Wednesday, June 16, coinciding with the second anniversary of the corporate mandate 2019-2023, the Municipal Corporation of the Dénia City Council has held the first extraordinary plenary session of debate on the state of the municipality; "A historic day", highlighted the mayor, Vicent Grimalt, who has opened the first round of interventions, by the municipal group of the PSPV-PSOE, thanking the initiative of the Popular Party, which in the last ordinary plenary session presented a motion, approved unanimously, for the Dianense consistory to regulate this annual accountability formula with an extraordinary session dedicated to analyzing the state of the municipality.
Four messages have centered the speech of the socialist spokesmen, the mayor himself and the councilor M. Josep Ripoll, to defend, as Grimalt has pointed out, having "demonstrated to be a government prepared to face the needs of the present, even the most unexpected and tragic, without stopping working for the best Dénia of the future ".
"Program, program, program"
“Having a very clear roadmap, the government program that we promised to execute, the program of the absolute majority of May 2019, has allowed us to manage the unforeseen events, which have been many, without losing sight of the fact that this crisis we will go out and the city has to continue its transformation ”.
The mayor, Vicent Grimalt, has been in charge of reviewing the management of the “uncertain, complex and difficult situations that we have had to experience these two years: a DANA, in September 2019; the Gloria storm of January 2020; and the health, economic and social crisis of COVID-19, as of March 2020 ”. Three events that have marked the first two years of the legislature, "two years of hard work, responsibility, generosity and, logically, as an immediate response, the implementation of public policies of the social and progressive aspect that characterizes this government," they pointed out. the socialists.
According to the PSPV, social aid and employment promotion policies became the two priority objectives: "spending on social aid during 2020 and 2021 already exceeds one million euros, divided between emergency aid, food vouchers and basic necessities, rent aids and other housing expenses and emergency care.In terms of occupancy, the two editions of Local Plans have allowed the hiring of 40 people as COVID assistants to the city council (€ 564.000) and have managed another € 475.000 subsidized by Labora for the hiring of unemployed people (among them, another 17 COVID informants who have provided services in municipal facilities and activities) ".
In addition to these extraordinary measures in times of crisis, the Parenthesis aid to support the most affected economic sectors, financed by the Generalitat, the Provincial Council and the Dénia City Council: more than 2 million initial euros. And others that have responded to the special needs of the moment: such as increased investment in the Santa Llúcia Residence or specific tourism promotion campaigns.
“And despite everything, we have not stopped following our roadmap. And, in fact, having a roadmap has allowed us to manage those unforeseen events ”, insisted the local executive.
Management in times of COVID
Precisely, applying “the rigorous work and management method and in continuous adaptation that has characterized our government for six years”, defended Grimalt, “has facilitated the rapid response to a crisis such as the health, economic and social crisis derived from the pandemic. ". As an example, "the start-up and perfect operation of the Llunàtics mass vaccination space, the first in the region, where 30.000 people have already passed."
Meanwhile, in addition, the routine work in the town hall has continued its march, for which the mayor has thanked the efforts of the municipal workers. The result of this work maintained despite the circumstances is the progress in the execution of the government program. Quoting the socialists themselves, these being the highlights:
1. The works of the Verger Alt of the castle have finished and the subsidy for the recovery of the Verger Baix has already been requested.
2. The remodeling works of the Torrecremada estate will be put out to tender shortly and the University of Alacant will approve the implementation of the Gastronomic Sciences degree on the future university campus of Dénia.
3. The Xara school has already opened its doors.
4. The project for the new Children's classroom and gymnasium in Pou de la Muntanya is already in the bidding process and the city council has already transferred the powers to the new CEE Raquel Payá.
5. The Generalitat has announced the construction of an education center integrated into the port.
6. The elimination of the barrier that the train track was supposed to be is practically a reality.
7. The sports hall affected by DANA has been remodeled.
8. The new athletics track is already in use and the "Diego Mena" soccer field has new grass.
9. The works of a new pavilion will soon be put out to tender.
10. The former dependencies of the Official Language School will house the Gender Violence Court; on the House of Culture They have opened the Espai d'Art Castejón and the "Rafael Chirbes" reading agency and, shortly, the children's library.
"The objective is that in 2023 each and every one of the points of our government program will be fulfilled."
The transformation of the city
The spokesperson for the PSPV-PSOE municipal group, M. Josep Ripoll, explained the actions that "give continuity to the transformation of the city that began in the last legislature." “We are the government that has led to the greatest urban transformation in Dénia, and we will continue to do so in the next two years of government thanks to the fact that we have a credible and achievable program to turn our city into a good place to live and a good place for women. people who visit us ”, pointed out the mayor.
In 2020, the redevelopment works of the Camí de Sant Joan were carried out, co-financed by the Alicante Provincial Council; The redevelopment of Carrer Major, Pare Pere and Plaza Oeste (Valgamediós) has also been carried out, the pedestrianization of which will be completed in the coming months; already in anticipation, the remodeling of Glorieta and adjacent streets and the improvement of the Marqués de Campo street, with the subsidy of the Planifica de Diputación plan (currently in tender the drafting of the project so that the works begin before the end of the year); and the ideas contest to transform the site of the old ambulatory is underway.
All this, together with the new image of the avenida de Joan Fuster, with the roundabouts leading to the area of It montgó, "Will consolidate a definitive transformation of Dénia, much kinder to people, beautiful and accessible".
Future projects for Dénia
The projects that will be developed in the next two years of the legislature "will finish adapting the city to a present that already requires us to face new needs and will prepare it for the future."
Among those projects that point:
1. The new garbage contract, which will soon be awarded for 68 million euros, will modernize the cleaning and garbage collection system.
2. The future Museu Fester has already been assigned a location and when the new classroom of the Pou de la Muntanya school becomes a reality, it may be conditioned in the Rodat.
3. The Generalitat has already approved a second residence for Dénia and a CEM and CRIS in La Pedrera (Specific Center for people with chronic mental illness and Center for rehabilitation and social integration).
4. We are currently working on hiring an energy services company that guarantees extra energy savings and modernization of municipal facilities systems.
5. Dénia will have the first Municipal Diversity Plan in the province of Alicante in July.
6. In the coming months, the Plenary will approve the Sanitation Master Plan.
7. The Rocamora architecture studio is about to release in the town hall the study and proposal for the modernization and transformation of the museums of Dénia "into a powerful and coherent museum network, taking advantage of the challenge posed by the opening of the future museum in the city in the house of the Marquesa Valero de Palma ”.
On the other hand, to define the main lines of this "future, modern and sustainable, economically and environmentally sustainable" city model, Dénia will soon have a new General Plan, "which we hope to have approved in 2022"; The Strategic Trade Plan 2021-2025 sets the guidelines to achieve the adaptation of the sector to the new realities of the market and the marketplace of Dénia's commercial establishments is in the process of being developed; the Master Plan "Dénia smart city" is the roadmap to achieve the smart city; in parallel with the Tourism Sustainability Plan; and the work of locating and implementing the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals, of the 2030 Agenda) is already underway in the consistory.
In short, summarized Vicent Grimalt, “the government of the city of Dénia has very clear objectives: to get out of the nightmare of the pandemic and make it stronger and prepared for the challenges of the future. And comply with all the points committed to citizenship before May 28, 2023. Despite all that we have lived through, that goal is very close thanks to responsible and serious work ”.