Last Saturday some athletes of the sub16 category of the EMEn Dénia - CA Baleària Diànium were selected to participate in the Critèrium Autonòmic Individual Sub16 held at the athletics track of the Gaetà-Huguet facilities in the city of Castelló de la Plana. All of them got very good marks and positions.
In this event competed:
- Sofia Martinez Bertomeu 3rd in the 3000mll with a mark of 12: 53.23.
- Ivy van baal 4th in the 300m hurdles with a time of 51.27 and 7th in the high jump with a mark of 1.45, just 1cm from her personal best.
- Lucia Palacios Calero 7th in pole vault with a mark of 1.95, just 5cm from her personal best and 8th in her series in the 600mll with times of 2: 04.60.
- Aitana Requejo Rastrillo 4th in her series in the 600mll with a record of 1: 55.29, just 16 hundredths from her personal best and 5th in her series in the 100mll with a time of 14.93.
- Roberto Benlloch Good 3rd in the hammer throw with a best throw of 32.60m, improving his personal best by more than 15 meters. He also participated in the shot put with a best shot of 9.53m and 10th.
- Guillermo Fornes Garcia 3rd in the javelin throw with a best throw of 34.09m, improving his personal best by more than 6 meters, and 6th in his series in the 300mll achieving a personal best with a time of 44.90.
- Pablo Negre Smedema 4th in the 100m hurdles with a mark of 15.76 and 6th in the long jump with a best jump of 5.60m, improving his personal best by more than 50cm.
- Marc Zaragoza Garcia he made his debut in the discus throwing event taking 5th position with a very good 37.69m throw. He also participated in the shot put, achieving a personal best with 10.79 and 8th position.
- Mario González Alemany 6th in the javelin throw with a best throw of 23.04 and 10th in the discus throw with a very good throw of 31.68m improving his personal best by more than 3 meters.
In general, they achieved magnificent results and it was a great experience for them since it was a competition of the highest level, where they competed alongside the best athletes in the Community.