The mall Portal de la Marina, owned by Lar España Real Estate Socimi and managed by Grupo Lar through Gentalia, opens its doors on June 1 after remaining partially closed due to the state of alarm decreed by the health crisis caused by COVID-19. Since March 16, only the establishments selling basic products such as the Carrefour and Colors supermarket have opened.
As stated in Order SND / 414/2020 published on May 16, shopping centers could resume their full activity at the beginning of phase 2 of the de-escalation, applying the corresponding sanitary and hygienic measures. In the case of Portal de la Marina, located in the province of Alicante and with entry into this phase on June 1, it will open its doors on the first day of the month.
Portal de la Marina has been working in recent weeks on the adaptation of its facilities to ensure the well-being and safety of customers, workers and suppliers. For this, strict measures have been taken and action protocols have been verified by the SGS company, in charge of certifying the highest security requirement for the users of the center, a quality certificate that will be a pioneer in the retail sector in the country.
Among the measures taken, the following stand out:
- Access control and gauging: The user of the shopping center may access the interior of the shopping center through the external pedestrian access and only one of the entrances to the underground parking (green parking area). The other underground pedestrian access will be temporarily closed to better control the capacity and the count of people.
- Surveillance of the maintenance of interpersonal security distances: the entire shopping center will be signposted so that visitors maintain a distance of 2 meters between them. In addition, personnel have been reinforced to control and ensure that visitors comply with the measure.
- Disabling of common areas such as rest areas, terrace and children's area to avoid the accumulation of people in the same space.
- Reduction of some underground parking spaces, thus favoring the maintenance of the distance between vehicles.
- Reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection tasks, paying special attention to toilets, escalator handrails, elevators and a lactation room. In addition, special disinfection processes have been followed by nebulization.
- Placement of sanitizing totems with dispensing of protection and hygiene means to employees and visitors at each of the entrance doors.
The visitor to the shopping center will find information with all these measures and action protocols throughout the shopping center. And it is that under the concept "The safest thing is that you want to buy insurance," all kinds of posters have been installed, especially in areas such as accesses and bathrooms so that the client has no doubts and can make their purchases in the safest and most satisfactory as possible. In addition, all this information will be collected on the web https://www.portaldelamarina.org/medidas-covid