The Mayor of Dénia, Vicent Grimalt, the councilor for Citizen Protection, Javier Scotto, and the neighborhood councilor of les Rotes, Melani Ivars, accompanied by the head of the Local Police, met last week with the neighborhood of the les Rotes area to explain in detail the closure of vehicle access at the end of the road (as of restaurant Mena) during the summer, as a measure to avoid overcrowding, which makes it difficult for emergency vehicles to enter and causes the risk of landslides next to the cliffs.
Those attending the meeting expressed their full agreement with the new measure, once access was guaranteed in the urbanizations with their own parking and parking for people who have housing in the area. The Dénia City Council will give you a resident card.
The closure will be effective, from July 1 to August 31, by means of a barrier that can be lifted and monitored by personnel who will regulate access in the foreseen cases:
- Residents of the area with their own parking and people who visit them.
- Active tourism companies, for loading and unloading.
- Divers, with the mandatory authorization, also for loading and unloading.
- Ca Nano restaurant clientele, to access the establishment's car park.
- People with reduced mobility, by age or functional diversity.
The restricted access hours will be from 8 a.m. to 18 p.m.