The new trustee of Citizens in Les Corts, Ruth Merino, visits Dénia for the first time to listen to the local business community and explain its aid plan to sectors affected by the covid crisis and measures to boost business activity. And he does it together with deputies Tony Woodward, Treasury and Budgets, Carlos Gracia, Industry, Fernando Llopis, Health and Universities, as well as councilors of municipalities of the Marina Alta, among which was the spokesperson for the municipal group of Dénia, Susana Mut.
This has been the first meeting of Ruth Merino with the business community of the Marina Alta since holding his new position. The trustee has been especially interested in the tourism sector given its great relevance in the area. "The Botànic does not realize the importance of the sector," Merino pointed out, referring to the lack of aid from a market that, however, is beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
However, to strengthen the sector, Ciudadanos has presented a decalogue of measures with which they seek to "save tourism." In order to offer a safe destination, they seek to reinforce this fullfilment of security requirements expanding the vaccination, accelerating it and including the personnel of the sector, increase the number of screening tests and the incorporation of a health care insurance policy, repatriation and compensation, which covers the extension of the stay due to COVID-19 by international tourists.
Tony Woodward, Dianense deputy of Citizens, has recalled, in the Merino line, the importance of the tourism sector both in Dénia and in the Marina Alta, which is why it has to be preserved. In addition, it ensures that, therefore, it is important introduce the new trustee to employers of the area and thus be able to listen to their demands.
Decalogue of Citizens to help Tourism
- Recognize the sector as a fundamental pillar in the economy.
- More help and more agility in the processing.
- Claim the doses of the vaccine that correspond to the Valencian Community.
- Streamline the vaccination process.
- Include all sector personnel in the vaccination plan.
- Hire a health care insurance policy, repatriation and compensation, which covers the extension of the stay due to COVID-19 by international tourists.
- Promote the use of the APP Radar COVID as a prevention tool.
- Increase the number of screening tests.
- Approve a permanent tourism plan within the framework of the EU Funds: investment in technological infrastructures, tax benefits and promotional campaigns.
- Lower VAT to 4 percent and launch a National Tourist Bonus.