This Thursday, December 6, Christmas starts in Dénia with the lighting of decorative lights on the streets of the city. From that moment and until January's 5, the City of Dénia has prepared a complete program of events for all ages.
Among the appointments include the celebration of La Nit de la Llum on Saturday, December 15. A week later, Dénia will receive a visit from Santa Claus on Saturday, December 22. The real postmen will arrive on Thursday 3 in January. There will also be a place for solidarity with the collection of food organized by the Local Police of Denia on Friday, December 21, and a multitude of children's activities during school holidays.
Thursday, December 6
- XIX Christmas Tournament City of Denia football 8, categories benjamín and alevín.
From 9: 00 to 15: 00 hours in the Football field El Rodat. Organize the Dénia Base Football Club (Municipal Football School).
Saturday, December 8
- XXI Fira del Joguet Antic i del Col.leccionisme de Paper
- Concert of the Grup Polifònic Cadenza
At the 19: 00 hours in the Social Center auditorium. Entry: 5 euros.
From 9: 00 to 15: 00 hours in the Calle Marques de Campo.
The 11 6 December to January
- Christmas tree in the Municipal Market
Tuesday, December 11
- Volunteering at Christmas: Christmas workshop carried out by the students of the Third Age.
The volunteers of the Classrooms of the Third Age will carry out Christmas workshops in the Hospital de la Pedrera of 17: 30 to 19: 00 hours.
Friday, December 14
- Carols in the hospital of La Pedrera
Carol singing by the Choir of the Home of the Retiree of Dénia. At 17: 30 hours.
Saturday, December 15
- The Nit de la Llum
Thousands of candles will illuminate the streets and open shops of Dénia from the 17: 30 to the 21: 30 hours.
Sunday, December 16
- Family music: Colla Canter. At the 12: 00 hours in the Social Center auditorium.
The 17 7 December to January
- Exhibition: Dénia 2018, month by month. Photographs by Manuel Márquez. Leisure Center of the Social Center of Dénia.
December 17 and 19 days
- Volunteering at Christmas: Christmas workshop carried out by the students of the Classrooms of the Third Age in the Santa Lucia Residence. From 10: 30 to 13: 00 hours.
The 20 24 December to January
- Exhibition of photographs of the activities of the Department of Youth. Joves Art Room (Round Walls, 42)
Thursday, December 20
- Delivery of diplomas of the XXIII Nativity Scene Contest and Christmas Cards for schools.
At the 18: 00 hours in the hall of the Llebeig School,
Friday, December 21
- Christmas party of the Major.
Performances of the Coral del Hogar del Jubilado and the winners of the Dénia Baila 2017 contest. At the 10: 00 hours in the Social Center.
- Local Solidarity Police.
Collection of food products, cleaning, personal hygiene, Christmas products, children, bedding and underwear at the intersection of Marqués de Campo and Diana streets. From 11: 00 to 13: 00 hours
- Carols in the Mercat de Dénia.
From the 11: 00 in the morning, carols by the Choir of the Home of the Retiree of Dénia in the Municipal Market
- Concert of the Youth Band of the Musical Artistic Group of Dénia.
In the Santa Lucia Residence from the 16: 30 hours.
- Christmas show What Where is Santa Claus?.
From the 18: 00 hours in the ETC Youth Room. Donation: 5 euros.
- Concert of the Nova Companyia de Guitarres de Dénia.
At the 20: 30 hours in the Social Center auditorium. Free admission
Saturday, December 22
- Christmas party at the Santa Lucia Residence.
From the 16: 30 hours, organized by the Santa Lucia Pro-Residence Association and the Santa Lucia Day Center
- Parade of Santa Claus and collection of letters.
At the 17: 00 hours, Santa Claus will parade down Diana Street to the Plaza de la Constitución, where he will collect the letters of the little ones until the 20: 30 hours. There will be inflatables, snacks and children's workshops.
- Turning on the lights of the Christmas eco-tree.
At the 18: 00 hours at the Plaza de la Constitución
- Concert of the Orfeó de Dénia.
At the 20: 00 hours, in the auditorium of the Social Center. Free admission
Sunday, December 23
- Family Theater: The great adventure of Pare Noel.
At the 12: 00 hours, in the auditorium of the Social Center. Recommended for boys and girls from 3 to 8 years. Free admission.
Thursday, December 27
- Children's workshop: decoration of cookies.
At the 17: 30 hours in the painting classroom of the Social Center of Dénia
Friday, December 28
- Children's workshop: I came to play amb music.
In charge of the Musical Artistic Association of Dénia. At the 17: 30 hours in the Social Center auditorium.
Saturday, December 29
From 16: 00 to 23: 15 hours in the Youth car park.
Graffiti, soap bubble workshop, games, wish tree, Escape Room and twelve chimes with popcorn
- Carols in the Santa Lucia Residence.
From the 16: 30 hours, the choir of the Home of the Retiree of Dénia will sing Christmas carols for the residents of Santa Lucía.
Sunday, December 30
- Family outing: living crib and ice rink in Elche.
Organized by the Youth Department. Sobaquillo or free food. Price of the excursion: 7 euros. Registration in Youth (966423700).
- Family Cinema: Orm al regne de la neu.
At the 12: 00 hours in the Social Center auditorium. Free admission
Monday, December 31
- New Year's Eve party.
Encouraged by the Orchestra No Comment on Calle Marqués de Campo from the 23: 30 hours until the 4: 00 at dawn
Wednesday, January 2
- Children Storyteller: One sea, one thousand
Recycling workshop for boys and girls from 5 to 10 years. At the 17: 30 hours at the Social Center
Thursday, January 3
- Royal postmen.
At 17: 30 hours will arrive to Dénia the real postmen, who will collect the letters of the children for the Magi until the 20: 30 hours in the Plaza de la Constitución.
Friday, January 4
- Children Storyteller: L'oblit flower.
Recycling workshop for boys and girls from 5 to 10 years. From the 17: 30 hours in the Social Center.
Saturday, January 5
- VII Race Roscón de Reyes.
From 10: 00 to 13: 00 hours at the Marina Marina de Denia. Organizes the Club of Rem Dénia with the collaboration of the Department of Sports of the City of Dénia.
- Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos and Reception at City Hall.
At the 18: 00 hours, the Magi will arrive at the port of Dénia and will parade with their pages to the Town Hall, where the local authorities will receive them and address the children from the balcony.