Today the Mercat de Dénia dresses up with the celebration of the VIII International Creative Cuisine Competition of the Red Prawn of Dénia, an appointment already consolidated in the gastronomic calendar of the city. At the 9: 30 hours will begin to cook their proposals and from the 11: 30 hours, and each 10 minutes, they will present their creations to the jury in the order established by lot.
It is expected that around the 13: 15 hours Julia Pérez, as president of the jury, announce the name of the three winners in this edition.
This year, the participants are:
- Daniel Mesa Martín Restaurant: Aparthotel Nautilus. Population: Arona (Tenerife)
- Ismael Bilbao Infantes. Restaurant: Restaurant Samaruc. Population: Dénia (Alicante)
- Mª Teresa and Gicelia Salado and Dos Santos. Restaurant: Training center (CdT - Alicante)
- Adrián Merenciano Camacho. Restaurant: Flote Restaurant (Castellón de la Plana)
- Alex Primo Robles. Restaurant: Cyrus DAD (Port of Sagunto, Sagunto)
- Micaela Maldana Ruiz. Restaurant: The Nou Embolic Gastrobar (Pinoso, Alicante)
- Juan Carlos Reyes. Restaurant: ABaC Restaurant (Barcelona)
- Alejandro Serrano Delgado Restaurant: Restaurante Alejandro (Miranda de Ebro, Castilla-León)
Among them is the one who will take over from the chef Dianense Bruno Ruiz, who at 2018 was proclaimed winner of the seventh edition with the proposal Shrimp under 0º, red shrimp from Dénia with iced garum tomato powder and cold apple and celery soup.
The jury responsible for assessing the recipes of the eight finalists will be formed by the journalist Julia Pérez Lozano; the gastronomic critic José Carlos Capel; and chefs Miguel Barrera, Ricard Tobella "Capo", Alberto Ferruz, Ricardo Costa, Paulo Airaudo, Javi Estevez, Benito Gómez and Jesús Segura.