February 27 from 2018 - 07: 53
Came the day. This Tuesday, 27 in February, the Dénia Market hosts the seventh edition of the International competition Creative Cuisine Red Gamba de Dénia. From the first hour of the morning the central crossing of the market will be taken by the stoves and the star product of our sea, the red shrimp of Dénia.
Many have been the aspirants, but only eight finalists who will cook their recipes during the morning:
- Juan Carlos Reyes Moreno (ABaC Restaurant, Barcelona) currently works as manager of the fish section in the establishment of Jordi Cruz
- Bruno Ruiz (Aticcook Bruno Ruiz, Dénia) owns his own restaurant from 2015
- Pablo Peñafiel (Casona del Judío, Santander)
- Jon Gil (Product and You, Vitoria Gasteiz)
- Joanna Artieda (Santa Perpètua de Mogoda, Barcelona) has worked with Pedro Subijana and Martín Berasategui
- Alex Primo (La Borda d'Costa, Port of Sagunto)
- Fernando Ferrero (The Maritime 'La Sucursal Group', València)
- Juan Pablo Ortiz (Test Room, Puente Tocinos, Murcia)
The eight finalists cook from the 9: 30 hours their proposals in the tables drawn previously. All of them will receive the red shrimp thanks to the Fishermen's Association of Dénia. Each one will prepare eleven portions of their creations.
The eight chefs will compete for three prizes: the first of them, endowed with 2.500 euros and a check offered by the company Gastroequipa for 600 euros worth of hotel supplies; a second of 1.500 euros and a third prize valued at 1.000 euros.
At the 11: 30 hours, and according to the draw made in the first hour, the plates will start to come to the jury table, composed by Julia Pérez, food critic and member of the Royal Academy of Gastronomy, who will act as president; next to Quique Dacosta, José Carlos Capel, Alberto Granados, Fernando Pérez Arellano, Raúl Resino, Jesús Sánchez, Erlantz Gorostiza, Alberto Ferruz and Miguel Ángel Mayor.
Around the 13: 15 hours will begin the tribute, which this year is a surprise. Then the delivery of prizes of this seventh edition will begin.