Theater students from Dénia celebrate a World Theater Day without theater today: due to the exceptional circumstances we are experiencing, it is impossible to perform. However, the Teamorphosis Cultural Association and students from the Techabás-Raquel Payá theater workshop have edited this video in which they explain their emotions regarding this art. With the song "Show must go on" by Queen: the show must go on.
The images of the video are taken from the Teamorfosis documentary “Engarces. Theater as inclusion ”, with the collaboration of the actress and director Inma Sancho, known to the general public for her participation in numerous series on the old Channel 9, and also in many national ones. Juan Luis López Escar, director of the Techabás group, explains to Dénia.com that they had to have held the awards ceremony for the Teatre CURT dramatic writing competition, but given the situation it has been suspended without a date.
The most viewed plays in history
As a curiosity, this is the list of the most popular performances in history, taken from the official page of the International Theater Day. The large number of works by Spanish authors stands out:
- Romeo and Juliet by Williams Shakespeare
- La Celestina, by Fernando de Rojas
- The Divine Comedy, by Dante Alighieri
- Don Juan Tenorio, by José Zorrilla
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Ovejuna Fountain, by Lope de Vega
- Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
- Life is a Dream, by Calderón de la Barca
- The House of Bernarda Alba, by Federico García Lorca