Start date: 12 September 2021
Finish date: 24 October 2021
Event type: Talk / conference
Admission: Free with registration
Next Sunday, September 12, begins the cycle of conferences and visits with experts that is part of the project 'Defense in times of war (1936-1939)', which also includes the preparation of a catalog of real estate vestige of the Civil War and a graphic archive of the Republic and the war in the city. This project has recently been subsidized by the Ministry of Democratic Quality within the line of aid for actions related to historical memory.
The activities will have a maximum of 35 participants. Registrations can be formalized by calling Ethnology Museum: 966420260 10.30 13 (Tuesday to Saturday, from 16:19 a.m. to XNUMX:XNUMX p.m. and from XNUMX:XNUMX p.m. to XNUMX:XNUMX p.m.).
- Sunday, September 12 at 10:30: The defense of the Valencian Coast in times of war. It will be in the Dénia Castle by Edelmir Galdon.
- Thursday, September 16 at 19:30 p.m. Presentation of the report The The Republic and the War in Dénia. 1936-1939. Project of the Archaeological Museum of Dénia and the Department of Participation, Transparency, Cooperation and Democratic Quality. Conference Nius of machine gunners from the coast, between Gandia and Dénia, by Antonio José Vergel, archaeologist, which will take place at the Municipal Library.
- Saturday, September 18 at 10:30: The bombardments of the coast between Gandia and Dénia during the war. It will be in the castle of Dénia by the historian Eladi Mainar.
- Sunday, September 26 at 10:30: The coastal battery of two obusses of les Rotes. It will be on the road from Dénia to Xàbia, by the historian Josep Maria Azcàrraga.
- Sunday, October 3 at 10:30: Organization of the defense of the Dénia coast. Armament logistics.It will be in the castle of Dénia, by Vicente Larios Bertomeu, member of the Defense Economy Commission of the Madrid College of Economics.
- Sunday, October 24 at 10:30: Bombes and shelters to the city of Dénia. A passeig per la memoria. In charge of the archaeologist Antoni Josep Vergel.
The clause, The maritime façade and the port of Dénia abans and after the War of 36, will be in charge of Josep A. Gisbert, director of the Museu Arqueològic de Dénia, in Plaça del Consell.