27 September 2021 - 08: 40
This Friday, the entire local executive summoned the media to convey to the residents of Dénia the objectives that have been set for this 2021-2022 academic year.
These are 80 projects that the City Council has divided into three blocks: Social Policies, Future Policies, and Improvement and Modernization of the City. It is the latter that undoubtedly stands out the most, since it encompasses 33 projects. In addition, according to the mayor himself, Vicent Grimalt, will mean "the greatest urban transformation that Dénia has experienced in recent decades."
These are the projects that the council undertakes to carry out in the coming months and the actions they will carry out to do so:
Redevelopment of the Glorieta and surroundings
The tender will be held before the end of this year, with the execution of the works during 2022. It will have a budget of 967.429,26 euros, making it one of the largest urban projects in the coming months.
According to the Councilor for Urbanism, Maria Josep Ripoll, the remodeling will be very continuous, "altering little" bower central square.
Improvement of Marqués de Campo street
Although a work was expected that would create a unique platform in Marqués de Campo, eliminating the traces of the road, for the moment the council will only invest in repairing the pavement of the damaged areas.
The drafting of the project will be before the end of 2021 and the execution of the works will be during 2022. They will have a budget of € 330.309,28.
Rehabilitation of the Torrecremada House
The day is approaching when Torrecremada will become the new headquarters of the Universitat d'Alacant, but today the house where the classes will take place and which will host hundreds of university students is in a state of abandonment. But for a short time.
The City Council has announced that the start of the works will be at the beginning of 2022. These will have a budget of 2,5 million euros, with 50% financing from the Generalitat Valenciana.
Completion of the Valgamediós square
The works in what is popularly known as Plaza Oeste have been a headache for the commission of the homonymous fault since the project was presented. The redevelopment affected the area where it has planted its monuments for so many years.
And the completion of the work did not help, as it created an independent height with a central roundabout, preventing the placement of the fault. However, from the consistory they responded that it was only the first phase and that the union of spaces at the same height would be projected before Fallas.
This project is the one that has been announced now, although they already warn that the works will not be carried out before next March. But yes in 2022, with a budget of about 100.000 euros.
Definitive public parking in Les Rotes
The public parking of Les Rotes It has been one of the great successes of the last summers. The council acquired the Minigolf land, close to Punta Negra, and turned it into a temporary parking area.
However, the idea of the City Council is to create there a parking lot with about 150 spaces, including cars, vehicles for people with reduced mobility, caravans and motorcycles.
An investment that in its day was announced that it would have a budget of 200.000 euros, and whose bidding and execution is planned for 2022.
Completion of the Joan Fuster tram
Joan Fuster Avenue is close to ending its long period of works. And, therefore, the moment when we see the long-awaited tram pass by on its new track is getting closer and closer.
These works of the Generalitat are practically finished, pending the security report that will be issued by the council in the coming months.
It was the winning project of the Participative Budgets of 2019. However, a series of misfortunes, highlighting the DANA of September of that same year that caused great damage to the municipal sports center, have forced the demanded installation to be delayed.
With a budget of 24.000 euros, the climbing wall of the sports center will be a reality, it seems, during this 2021. Two years later than planned, but better late.
Other urban actions and their status
- Market floor change: Execution between October and November 2021 with a budget of 57.112 euros.
- Lighting of the Parc del Ginjoler: Bidding and execution before the end of 2021.
- Asphalting the area It montgó: Bidding and execution before the end of 2021.
- Pla Asfaltat 2021: Bidding and execution before the end of 2021.
- Asphalting of the Industrial Estate: Bidding and execution before the end of 2021.
- Roundabout between Pintor Llorens and Avenida Marquesado: Drafting of the project in 2021 and execution in 2022.
- Market and Sagunt underground containers: Resolve the previous contract, tender and execute during 2022 with a budget of 136.000 euros.
- Renovation of the pavement of the Marineta Cassiana: Bidding and execution during 2022.
- Recreation area and playground in the Bosc de Diana: Bidding and execution during 2022.
- Reform of the Nau de Llobell for the crane and fleet of parks and gardens: Award before the end of the year and execution between 2021 and 2022 with a budget of 364.667,65 euros.
- Renovation of the pavement of the Joan Fuster pavilion: Award and execution of works before the end of 2021.
- Madrigueres track renovation: Tender and award in 2022.
- Drafting of the Museu de la Festa project: Bidding and drafting of the project in 2022.
- Drafting of the new pavilion: Bidding and drafting of the project in 2022 with a budget of 291.051,56 euros.
- Construction of the garden of the Marqués de Campo site (former ambulatory): End of the ideas competition before the end of 2021. Tender and execution of the works in 2022.
- Exterior wall IES Chabàs: Execution between 2021 and 2022.
- IES Maria Ibars reform: Execution between 2021 and 2022.
- New lecture hall in Pou de la Muntanya: Execution between 2021 and 2022.
- Access to the new CEE Raquel Payá: Award before the end of 2021 and execution in 2022.
- Construction of the new CEE Raquel Payá: Award before the end of 2021 and start of the works in 2022.
- Study of needs for works in the residence: Diagnosis before the end of 2021.
- Santa Llúcia roundabout: Drafting of the project in 2021 and execution between 2022 and 2023.
- Works in the Verger Baix del Castillo: Drafting in 2021 and execution, with a grant from the Ministry of Public Works, in 2022.
- Creation of the second residence for the elderly: Request for the delegation of powers for the construction of the second residence in La Pedrera. In the coming months the acceptance of competences will be approved in plenary session.
- Reorganization of museums: Execution of the plan from 2022.
- Municipal accessibility plan: Bidding and execution in 2022.