El Hospital de Dénia welcomes, from this Wednesday, the IV International Congress of Art and Health Spaces, the only one of these characteristics that is celebrated in Spain.
This meeting was born with the aim of relating from a scientific and artistic perspective, aspects related to Neurostatics, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Education and Health. At the opening of the congress were present the Managing Director of the Department of Health of Dénia -DSD-, Luis Carretero; the Commissioner of the Ministry of Health, Juan Puig and the Director of CIEAS and the Art Project of the DSD, Alicia Ventura.
From today until Friday there will be conferences, communications and round tables structured around five large thematic tables:
- 1. The Art Therapy Clinic, directed by Dr. Ana María Hernández.
- 2. Pedagogies of Contemporary Art in health contexts, directed by Dr. Marta García Cano
- 3. Present and future of music therapy equipment in the hospital setting, directed by Dr. Alejandro March Luján
- 4. On the origin of aesthetic perception, directed by Dr. Luis Martínez Otero
- 5. Social commitment and philanthropy, directed by Dña. Alicia Ventura Bordes
During the inauguration of the congress, the role of CuidArt, the project that began to develop the Dénia Hospital ten years ago, has been especially highlighted. It is a pioneering work in Spain, which works as a humanizing and therapeutic initiative of the health area, through art exhibitions, mural interventions, music therapy workshops, art therapy or theater.
In addition, during these days it will be possible to contemplate in the cuidArt room of the Hospital de Dénia the exhibition "The Weight of the Soul", an exhibition that puts Contemporary Art and the scientific collections of the University of Granada in dialogue. You can also visit another exhibition on the work that the International Rotary Club carries out in the fight against polio in the world.