The Eatim de Jesús Pobre, Diputación de Alicante, as well as the technicians and the winning company, sign the receipt of the work of repair and expansion of the drinking water reservoir of Jesús Pobre, whose bid amounted to the amount of 112.147,57 euros , 95% subsidized by the Alicante Provincial Council, and the remaining 5% from the coffers of the smaller local entity.
The project, which was considered by the Eatim de Jesús Pobre as urgent and essential, has involved the repair of the current one that was confirmed during the works its advanced state of deterioration in the roof area, as well as the construction of a second basin with identical characteristics.
Specifically, the new infrastructure supposes the existence of two tanks of 150 m3 capacity each, which will work in parallel so that on the one hand, the drinking water reserves of Jesús Pobre will be doubled, and on the other hand, the supply cuts derived from maintenance tasks established by regulations for cleaning and disinfection.
The execution of the work has been extended by 3 months due to the demands of the state of the old deposit, and in order to avoid the cut off of drinking water supply to the population, they could not be carried out at the same time. On the contrary, the second municipal deposit had to be built, and once it had been executed and put into operation after the sanitary inspections, the main tank was emptied, partially demolished and repaired, both having finally been connected and operated in parallel.
Given the new infrastructures of both municipal warehouses, the executed project has included the relocation of services, as well as a new road access and closure, in order to facilitate future municipal maintenance work.