The director of the Art and Health Project of the Hospital de Dénia, Alicia Ventura, has received the Award for the best CSR policy –Corporate Social Responsibility- from New Medical Economics magazine for the cuidArt Project.
The awards ceremony took place last night in Madrid. During the delivery, the director of the Art and Health Project of the Hospital de Dénia thanked New Medical Economics for the award and offered a few words of recognition to DKV Seguros and Marina Salud for their commitment to art as a therapeutic method.
Every year the New Medical Economics magazine awards these annual awards to recognize the work of professionals, the Administration and all those entities that have contributed significantly to the development of Biomedicine and Health Sciences in Spain, and maintain an innovative, investigative activity management and patient care in 2020. In addition, this year New Medical Economics wanted to recognize 9 entities with Honor Awards for their intense contribution during the peak of the health crisis caused by the coronavirus.
CuidArt project of the Hospital de Dénia
Art as a therapeutic method is the leitmotif that the Hospital de Dénia has followed in the development of cuidArt, a pioneering initiative in Spain that accommodates innovative artistic and cultural actions.
In order to turn the center into a more humane space and improve the quality of life for all its users, the Denia Hospital began working on cuidArt in parallel with the construction of its building. To do this, it has been supported from the beginning by DKV Seguros, the main driver of this project. Numerous artists, gallery owners, directors and managers of museums and foundations have supported the development of this project since its inception. With the Dénia Hospital as the setting, the cuidArt project brings together different artistic disciplines and guides them towards improving health and well-being. There are eight fundamental lines of work currently being developed at cuidArt:
- The DKV Collection: Art and Health temporarily loaned by DKV Seguros to the hospital, showing the work of prominent painters and photographers.
- The sculpture project, coordinated by the CIAE, with works by seven important artists, contributes to integrating architecture, environment and users.
- Mural interventions developed by urban art collectives in collaboration with the center's medical staff.
- A stable program of temporary exhibitions is collected in the cuidArt exhibition hall, located in the same hospital. It hosts exhibitions related to Art and Health.
- A complete program of activities for patients: theatrical animation, psycho-expressive therapy, music therapy and live art in the rooms where patients receive their treatment.
- A research and dissemination plan, to disseminate the connections between Art and Health through collaborations with cultural and social agents.
- International Congress of Art and Health Spaces, of which 4 editions have already been held and in which aspects related to neuro-aesthetics, music therapy and creativity, education and health are exposed from a scientific and artistic perspective.
- Platform "Estem amb tu": It is an initiative of cuidArt, in coordination with the Psychiatry Service of the Dénia Health Department that offers emotional and psychological care by phone or video call in the face of the COVID-19 crisis. The objective is to psychologically support professionals who work on the front line and are exposed every day to a situation of uncertainty and anxiety generated by the pandemic, as well as admitted patients who are isolated and relatives of admitted patients who cannot accompany your loved ones in the hospitalization process. Psychological accompaniment, music therapy service and psycho-expressive therapy are offered.