Did you know that in the Marina Alta the most common names are José and Josefa among adults and Marc and Martina among newborns? And that we are the first region of the Valencian Community in number of restaurants per inhabitant? These data and other relevant and striking figures appear in the new infographic of El Observatori Marina Alta, CREAMA entity. Curious data on different areas such as demography and living conditions, territory and environment or productive sectors and employment.
Demography and living conditions
- 175.166 inhabitants. The Marina Alta region is ranked as the twelfth most populated region in the Valencian Community and fifth in the province of Alicante.
- 45 years. It is the average age of the Marina Alta, the highest in Alicante.
- 55.243 foreigners. The Marina Alta is the third region of the Valencian Community with more foreign population and the first in the province of Alicante with more foreigners over 65 years.
- In the Marina Alta there are more than 50 nationalities different
- Of the total number of foreigners of the Marina Alta, the English population It occupies the highest percentage of residents of other nationalities with almost 30%.
- 46 people with 100 years or more. The Marina Alta is the fourth region in the province of Alicante with the largest centennial population. Is in Xàbia by far the municipality with the highest population ratio. 39% of the total of people aged 100 or over are concentrated in that municipality.
- € 11.900 is the average rent. The Marina Alta is the second poorest region in the Valencian Community. Behind the Vega Baja, it has the lowest estimate of average income per unit of consumption.
- Josefa and José They are the most common names in the Marina Alta.
- Among the names chosen in newborns, Martina it is the most common in girls and Marc In the kids.
Territory and environment
- The Marina Alta is the third region of the province of Alicante with greater territorial extension and the one that integrates more municipalities in its territory (33).
- Calp is the municipality of Marina Alta with higher population density per square kilometer, while Vall d'Ebo is, with almost 7 people per square kilometer, the municipality with lower density.
- The Sierra de Serrella in Castell de Castells is the highest point in the Marina Alta.
- In the Marina Alta there are 236 square kilometers of protected area. With more than 34 square kilometers between the Peñón d'Ifach natural parks, the It montgó and the Marjal de Pego.
- El Cape of Saint Anthony next to the island of Tabarca they conform the only two marine natural reserves of the province of Alicante.
- The Gorgos River is the longest river from the region with 39 kilometers, passing through the municipalities of Vall de Pop, Xaló, Gata de Gorgos, to its mouth in Xàbia.
Productive sectors and employment
- 11.760 hectares. The Marina Alta is the fourth region of the province with the largest area for the cultivation of vegetables, citrus fruits, vines, olive groves ...
- The cultivation of Citrus It represents 44%.
- 1.189 sales. The Marina Alta is the fourth region of the Valencian Community and the third in the province with the highest number of home sales in the last quarter.
- Dénia is the tenth municipality of the Valencian Community with the highest number of real estate transactions with 325.
- 119.500 travelers. Adding Dénia, Calp and Xàbia we are located as the second destination in the Valencian Community behind Benidorm.
- 10,24% unemployment rate. The Marina Alta is the fourth region of the Valencian Community with the lowest unemployment rate in the last four months.
- 40,74% of the Michelin Stars of the Valencian Community are located in the Marina Alta (11) distributed in 8 restaurants.
- We are the first region of the Valencian Community in number of restaurants per inhabitant, being more than 9 per thousand inhabitants.