The Dénia City Council receives a grant from the Alicante Provincial Council for an amount of 187.122 euros intended to cover expenses related to social benefits for extraordinary situations, to be carried out during the period between October 1, 2020 and October 8, 2021, with the aim of alleviating the effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Strengthen home-based proximity services to guarantee care, support, connection to the environment, safety and food, especially those aimed at the elderly, disabled or dependent, considering the greater risk assumed by these people in case of contagion. These services include home help in all its forms and any other of a similar nature that is provided at the home of the user.
- Strengthen care devices for the homeless, ensuring that both they and those who care for them are duly protected.
- Acquisition of means of prevention (PPE), hydroalcoholic gel and / or disinfectant and / or soap, and mats for disinfection of shoes, intended for programs or activities of municipal social services.
- Acquisition of hydroalcoholic gel and / or disinfectant and / or soap dispenser / s for programs or activities of municipal social services.
- COVID-19 test, intended for programs or activities of municipal social services.
- Aid to families, to guarantee them sufficient income, to ensure the coverage of their basic needs, be they emergency or insertion.
- Reinforce, with appropriate services and devices, respite services for caregivers and conciliation measures for those families (especially single-parent and single-parent) who have low incomes and need to go to their workplace or leave their home for justified reasons and / or urgent.