February 07 from 2018 - 14: 46
The seventh edition of the International Creative Cuisine Contest of the Red Shrimp of Dénia, organized by the Department of Tourism of the Ajuntament de Dénia, already has finalists. The candidate has selected the eight contestants among all the aspiring chefs who showed up in the first phase.
The committee, in charge of selecting the chefs who will show their culinary skills at the 27 in February, was headed by the director of the contest, Rafa Soler, as well as by Mariluz Piera, Sergio Box, José Manuel López, Sole Ballester, Francisco Javier Sheriff and Fernando González.
The eight finalists
In this sense, it should be noted that 69 professional chefs from all over the country have registered in this edition. Among all of them, the final list is composed of:
- Juan Carlos Reyes Moreno (ABaC Restaurant, Barcelona) currently works as manager of the fish section in the establishment of Jordi Cruz
- Bruno Ruiz (Aticcook Bruno Ruiz, Dénia) owns his own restaurant from 2015
- Pablo Peñafiel (Casona del Judío, Santander)
- Jon Gil (Product and You, Vitoria Gasteiz)
- Joanna Artieda (Santa Perpètua de Mogoda, Barcelona) has worked with Pedro Subijana and Martín Berasategui
- Alex Primo (La Borda d'Costa, Port of Sagunto)
- Fernando Ferrero (The Maritime 'La Sucursal Group', València)
- Juan Pablo Ortiz (Test Room, Puente Tocinos, Murcia)
Julia Pérez, a gastronomy critic and member of the Royal Academy of Gastronomy, will preside over the jury's table at the event, in which she will be accompanied by renowned chefs and Spanish critics such as Quique Dacosta, José Carlos Capel, Alberto Granados, Fernando Pérez Arellano, Raúl Resino, Jesús Sánchez, Erlantz Gorostiza, Alberto Ferruz and Miguel Ángel Mayor.
The mechanics of the contest
The eight chefs will compete for three prizes: the first of them, endowed with 2.500 euros and a check offered by the company Gastroequipa for 600 euros worth of hotel supplies; a second of 1.500 euros and a third prize valued at 1.000 euros.
On the day of the contest, each participant will provide the necessary products for the preparation of the eleven rations to be presented. The organization, courtesy of the Fishermen's Association of Dénia, will provide the red shrimp to each of the finalists for the production of their recipe.
The International Creative Cooking Competition of the Red Shrimp of Dénia is aimed at professional chefs, pays tribute to the Red Shrimp of Dénia and enables the launch and promotion of young chefs who are committed to creative cuisine.